Although this image pretty well says it all, I will list the items and procedure of what became yesterday’s lunch appetizer. Actually, the above image does NOT say it all…Whoops, almost forgot the Pineapple. You can use a fresh Pineapple, of course, if you have it, or in my case what is available in the cupboard.
- 1. 2 Red Ripe Tomatoes, chopped or a 16 ounce can.
- 2. 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 3. 1/4 poblamo pepper, or to taste, chopped
- 4. slices of fresh pimento, chopped to taste…
- 5. 1/4 onion, chopped
- 6. 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 7. one scallion, chopped
- 8. one pineapple ring, chopped
- 9. teaspoon or two, chopped Cilantro…to taste
- 10. Chilli powder, salt and cracked black pepper ( to taste)
- 11. Squeeze 1/2 lime
- 12: 00-Lunch Time
Before chopping the Onion, and Garlic, pour two cups of boiling water over them through a strainer.
Combine all ingredients into food processor and pulse to desired consistency.
Pour into a dish and serve with tortillas, or any desired meal. ( For an even more flavorful experience,
place dish of salsa in refrigerator for 3 to 12 hours to infuse flavors).
Or, just let your taste buds do the infusing, as I did today. Serve’s 1 to 2 people.